ResponseForce1 is operated by a team of experienced Emergency Management Professionals. Key resumes include:
Edward Minyard, President and Chief Information Security Officer of ResponseForce1, is a Certified Business Continuity Professional (CBCP), Certified Physical Security Professional (PSP), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC), Certified by the Business Continuity Institute (CBCI) and Certified in Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL). Ed offers over forty years of experience in designing, implementing and managing diverse technology environments, and advising clients on adapting strategies to changing environments. He has been actively involved in providing leadership during some of the largest disasters ever to impact North America.
Ed has served in leadership roles within several of the world's largest consulting and technology companies, including Accenture and Unisys. As a Partner at Accenture, Ed was involved in their Business Continuity and Cyber Security Practices in the USA and Canada. As Managing Partner, North America for the Emergency Management Practice of Unisys, he oversaw the delivery of Emergency Planning, Preparedness, Response and Recovery Services to key Unisys clients, including the Port Authority of New York & New Jersey and The City of New Orleans. More recently, Ed has provided Crisis Management advisory services to several high-profile private sector companies, on a global basis.
- Certified Physical Security Professional (PSP)
- Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC)
- Certified Business Continuity Professional (CBCP)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Certified by the Busiiness Continuity Institute (CBCI)
- Certified Continuity Manager (CCM)
- Chemical-Terrorism Vulnerability Information - Authorized User
- Anti-terrorist level 1 training
- National Incident Management System (NIMS) / Incident Command System (ICS)
- IS 100
- IS 200
- IS 300
- IS 400
- IS 700
- IS 701
- National Response Framework (IS 800)
- National Critical Infrastructure Protection Plan (IS 860)
- Continuity of Operations Planning (IS 546 / 547)
- Introduction to Exercises (IS 120.A)
Robert (Bob) Hull -Vice President, Operations - joined ResponseForce1 in May of 2010 during the MC252 (BP Oil Spill) oil spill. On that engagement, he performed duties as the Logistics Chief at base camp Shell Beach in St. Bernard, Louisiana. He later performed duties as the Base Camp Manager for the Shell Beach and Delacroix sites. During the end of the deployment, he worked directly with the U.S. Coast Guard, responsible for finding all vessels that participated in the project, to ensure an accurate accounting and demobilization of said vessels. He also maintained a 100% inspection rate on all equipment and supplies associated to the spill.
Bob participated as a logistics manager for Emergency generator services, after the catastrophic ice storms that hit Pennsylvania in 2014. In 2011, he performed duties as the Security Manager at the Stolthaven Chemical plant in Braithwaite, Louisiana, after Hurricane Isaac. In 2012 he responded to Linden N.J. after Super Storm Sandy, where he served as Reports and Information Manager for a 4000 person base camp. This camp was the largest ever built in the USA.
Most recently, Bob has led all aspects of Information Technology, Accountability and Reporting operations for one of the largest mass-care shelters in the USA. This complex environment includes multiple integrated technologies, including: servers; wireless; fiber optics; VSAT; mobile devices; ethernet; land mobile radios; RFID technologies; video surveillance systems; and managing a 7x24 staff of over 50 persons.
Mr. Hull is a retired veteran of the U.S. Air Force (Special Operations), where he served in many leadership roles throughout his career.
His certifications and awards include:
- Facility Security Officer (FSO)
- 10 and 30 hour OSHA certification
- Hazwoper 20 and 40 hour courses
- Completed CPR First Aid Instructors Course
- Completed ICS training courses IS-001, IS-003, IS-005.a, IS-100.a, IS-100.HE, IS-100.Leb, IS-139, IS-200, IS-208, IS-230, IS-235, IS-240, IS-241, IS-242, IS-244, IS-301, IS-324.a, IS-340, IS-630, IS-700, IS-704, IS-775, IS-800, IS-801, IS-802, IS-805, IS-810 and IS-1900.
- Certified CERT team member
- Certified finger print technician
- Anti-terrorist level 1 training
- Incident Response to Terrorist Bombings- New Mexico Tech
- Prevention of and Response to Suicide Bombings- New Mexico Tech
- FEMA certified heavy equipment operator
- Current TWIC card holder
- Member of InfraGard
James L. (Jay) Bowden, CEM
Mr. Bowden is a Certified Emergency Manager (CEM) with over 30 years experience, and is a FEMA Certified ICS Instructor. Jay has worked over 14 federally-declared disasters, including serving over 16 months in the New Orleans EOC following Hurricanes Katrina and Rita. He has completed all applicable federal professional development training as well as extensive training and experience in hazardous materials response. He is skilled in planning, exercise and program design and development. Jay is also an experienced liaison with public safety and health organizations related to homeland security (CBRNE) and disaster preparedness and exercises. He currently serves as an assessor for the national Emergency Management Accreditation Program (EMAP), and was recently appointed as co-chair of a sub-committee looking to develop national standards for EOCs.
He has worked at both the state and local Emergency Management agencies which has provided a wealth of experiences from mitigation, preparedness, response and recovery. He field experience in response and recovery makes him uniquely qualified in planning, training and exercise. He has extensive experience working with the public health, hospitals and EMS in preparing for MCI events as well as Bioterrorism and pandemic preparedness.
Most recently, he has worked with the City of New Orleans to rewrite their emergency operations planning and training including a City Assisted Evacuation Plan. He has also worked extensively with NIMS compliance, as well as EOC layout design for 6 sites in New Orleans. Over the past 2 years he has served as a facilitator and/or player in over 15 exercises involving terrorism intervention, post incident response as well as hurricane exercises.
Eder J. Holguin
Mr. Holguin is a Homeland Security expert, with additional qualifications in the fields of Safety and Training. He has been a Commissioned Security Certification with Texas Department of Public Safety since 1988 and a Qualified Security Manager with Texas Department of Public Safety since 2002. He is a Member of The Central Texas Emergency Planning Committee and is a Certified Emergency/Disaster Planner by the Central Texas Planning Association.
Other important qualifications include:
- NIMS compliant: IS 100, 200, 300, 400, 500, 600, 700, and 800.
- HIECS instructor Center for Disaster Preparedness/ US. Department of Homeland Security
- Certified by the Center for Disaster Preparedness/ US. Department of Homeland Security WMD Technical Emergency Response Cobra Training Center
- Certified instructor for the Incident Response to Terrorist Bombings, Administered by New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology Energetic Materials Research and Testing Center of New Mexico Tech./ Center for Disaster Preparedness/ US. Department of Homeland Security
- Certified Suicide Bombers Anti-Terrorist Course Instr
- Crisis Prevention Intervention Instructor
- Certified Instructor on IED Identification and Disposal New Mexico Tech Energetic Materials Research and Testing Center
- Certified PPE Assessment Instructor Department of Homeland Security Anniston Alabama
- HAZWOPER First Responder Trainer in Accordance with the Occupational Safety and Health Association
Mr. Holguin’s accomplishments include:
- Assisted in the development of the City of Austin EOC-EOP
- Developed a Threat Level indicator for the Central Texas Emergency Planning Committee
- Managed a Team of 32 Security Officers and 27 Texas Department of Public Safety Troopers for over 23 years.
- Developed, trained and implemented EOP/EAP for the Central Texas Hospital Planning committee, including several City and County Wide Disaster Drills involving EMS, Fire, National Guard, Law Enforcement, Hospitals, Transportation, Utilities, and The University of Texas
Mr. Holguin has served with RF1 during several Presidentially-declared disasters, including Hurricane Ike, the Gulf Oil Spill, Hurricane Isaac (Stolthaven Chemical Spill), and Hurricane Sandy.
He currently serves as our Director of Government Services.
Captain James Krieger
Captain Krieger's background includes establishing and serving as Director of the Risk Assessment, Target Hazard (RATH) Task Force of the Center for Terrorism and Disaster Preparedness of the New York City Fire Department. In that role, his responsibilities included determining parameters for the All-Hazard assessment of over 800,000 locations in New York City, designing and implementing the logistical exercise plan for the FDNY's participation in City-Wide exercises, serving as a Member of the FDNY Type II Incident Management Team and as a Member of the FDNY Exercise Design Team. In this last role, he designed and served as a controller and evaluator for 3 city wide full-scale exercises and 5 FDNY exercises: Both Tabletop and full-scale.
His Certifications and Awards include:
- Hazardous Material Technician Level 2
- FEMA certified ICS instructor (ICS 100-400)
- NYC CDL with Haz-Mat endorsements
- ICS 100, 200, 300, 400, 700, 800
- FEMA certified emergency manager
Awards and Decorations
- Unit citation L-39 for meritorious service performing a rescue
- Commendation medal for operations at The World Trade Center
- Commendation medal for operations during Hurricane Katrina
ResponseForce1 has a database of highly experienced Ready Reserves, capable of being deployed anywhere within 72 hours of an event.
JOIN OUR TEAM
ResponseForce1 is always seeking on-call personnel to fill the following positions supporting our deployments:
Logistics, Operations, Planning. Safety, Finance, IT Technician
ResponseForce1 is also interested in persons with a background in:
Shelter Management; Hazard Mitigation Planners; COOP Planners; ICS Instructors; Operations Planners.
The above position must be available for rapid deployment within 48hrs of notification for our staff.
If you'd like to join our team, please email us at email@example.com.